Our manufacturing facility employs over 100 staff, utilises raw materials from British suppliers and as a result, significantly reduces the environmental impact and carbon footprint when compared to products purchased from overseas.
As well as supporting the UK economy, we work hard to preserve the environment and keep pollution to an absolute minimum. We source our energy from the solar panels and wind turbines that surround our production facility.
Our packaging is made from recycled materials which when used, can be further recycled.
We are committed to improving our environmental performance and believe that there are sound business reasons for considering the environment in our day-to-day activities.
The 2021 Cop26 global Climate Change Conference taking place in Glasgow from Oct 31st to Nov 12th
The purpose of the conference is to gain commitment from governments, institutions and business around the world to reduce emissions and commit to climate change reducing policies.
Cop26’ primary aim is very clear; to secure global net zero emissions by 2050 to keep a 1.5 degree increase in temperature within reach.
Purple Surgical are taking steps to contribute to the reduction of climate change pollutants.
In no particular order:
- We currently estimate that we recycle approx. 90% of all incoming cardboard, paper & plastic packaging.
- At Culmhead we generate 15% of our electricity requirement via our own on-site wind & solar power.
- Over the last 3 years we have planted 2,500 trees in the UK & Africa & we are increasing this commitment to 2,500 trees per year from January 2022.
- Four years ago we stopped printing product literature, with all details now available electronically.
- Over the last 24 months we have steadily eliminated our plastic on plastic pouches in favour of paper on plastic.
- We work closely with our Customer Procedure Tray partners to significantly reduce individual product packaging waste and we actively promote CPTs and kits to our global customer base to improve efficiencies and reduce waste. Click on link: View Resource (actoapp.com)
- Three years ago we began eliminating our bleached white boxes in favour of unbleached brown cartons.
- We are in the process of installing our first electric car charging point at Shenley and are looking at the viability of doing the same at Culmhead.
- We are reviewing whether we can replace the 20,000 printed DFU’s we produce each month for electronic QR codes.
- We are reviewing whether installing timers (rather than switches) are the most efficient way to reduce electricity consumption.
- We are seeking to undertake less international air travel and conduct more video conference calls.
Our Environmental Vision is that:
- We will be recognised by our customers for our work in improving environmental performance.
- We will listen to our customers and work with them to improve our environmental performance.
- We will be a leading organisation within our market sector, recognised as striving for excellence in our environmental performance, positively benchmarking against others and demonstrating continual improvement.
- Our employees will be involved in improving our environmental performance.
- Awareness will be raised throughout our organisation and ideas will be actively solicited.
We will achieve this by:
- Preventing and reducing pollution wherever possible.
- Continuing to improve our environmental performance in the key areas of energy management, waste minimisation, transport, water use and in-house production.
- Working towards including key environmental objectives within our corporate and business plans
- Informing and educating all employees about environmental issues through appropriate training.
- Working with outside Environmental agencies to achieve PPN06/21 and produce a Carbon Reduction Plan to ultimately reduce our carbon footprint to 0.
Purple Surgical_Modern Slavery Statement
Purple Surgical Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
CSR and Environmentally Responsible Manufacturing