Browse: HemorPex System (HPS)
The Purple Surgical / Angiologica HemorPex System (HPS) enables the simple, quick, highly effective, pain free surgical treatment of haemorrhoidal disease through de-arterializing haemorrhoidopexy.
The patient is placed in the dorsal lithotomy position. Any type of anaesthesia is suitable, but in the majority of cases it is possible to perform the procedure without anaethesia. Intra-venous sedation (Midazolam 2.5mg) is recommended.
The lubricated device is inserted into the anal canal with the handle orientated towards the intergluteal furrow, thus aligning the preset positions of the operative window in the 1 - 3 - 5 - 7 - 9 - 11 clock face positions i.e. the positions of the 6 terminal branches of the superior haemorrhoid artery.
Starting with the operative window at the level of the most voluminous haemorrhoidal pedicle, structures are placed to provide ligation and immediate shrinkage of the pedicle.
Concurrently, sutures are placed to ensure the re-positioning of prolapsed anal mucosa and haemorrhoidal cushions.
After placing the introducer into the lumen of the HemorPex System (HPS) the rotation wheel is moved to the next present terminal branch position and further sutures are applied.
This process is repeated until all terminal branch regions requiring treatment have been sutured.
- 1,112 cases performed at San Martino Hospital, Genoa and Santa Rita Clinic, Cagliari
- 719 patients followed up (12-36 month)
- 456 patients male, 263 female with average age 47 years (range 20-87)
- 20 minute procedure duration (range 15 - 25)
- VAS used to assess post operative pain at each follow up
- 95.5% patients judged post operative pain moderate to absent
- 96.5% patients discharged within 6 hours of surgery
- No significant complications
- 94% success rate (6% recurrence)